Friday, August 29, 2014

Universal Mix Up!


Now that I own J. Colleen Boutique, I have fallen back in love with getting dressed and I'm not talking about "complicated dressed" or "too expensive dressed."

I have one room that is vintage and high-end consignment at my boutique, where the prices are a third of what they once retailed for. So, I have all prices, both high and low.

The “Grunge look” was popular in the 90's, and so is the “Workout look” today.  Don't get me wrong, I wore the coolest looking flannels. I was dressed in my grunge look from head to toe. With the economy being so bad during that time, like it has been today, the look was an affordable alternative. But workout clothes today are very expensive, grunge was not. 

We all have to get dressed, no one is walking around naked. I'm just saying there are some really beautiful clothes out there other than Lululemon workout gear.

I'm boycotting the 24/7 “workout look”, and after my workout is done I am changing out of my workout gear and into an outfit that is fun, and chic, while still feeling comfortable in well designed clothing.

And guess what? The last few days of summer I am going to wear summer clothes! I know it's shocking. I'm going for it! It's hot out there! I can't wear workout pants any longer. I'm sorry! 

Here are my fall suggestions. No one can deny the sophistication of the French. A beautiful scarf is a must. Ballerina flats for day and or a black sexy heal for evening. Who doesn't love the style of a French woman?

But then again, there's always Manhattan. Shorter skirts but of course with an edgy J. Colleen legging underneath is always classic. Think chic. 

For daytime, try clean make up and a high pony tail, keep it simple. For evening, wear red lips and smoky eyes: a simple and sophisticated look.

Don't forget your new or vintage cashmere sweater. Fall into fall fashion with your ripped, torn up, favorite American vintage Jeans. There is nothing sexier!

Universal fashion is where we are at. Mix and match and shake it up but in the end classic chic is always a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment